VAWA - Violence Against Women Act

If you’ve become a victim of domestic violence committed against you by a citizen/greencard holder spouse, you may qualify for permanent residency even if you are separated.

VAWA - Violence Against Women Act - Immigration Lawyer Los Angeles

To qualify for permanent residency based on VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)

Must be legally married to the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who committed the abuse. Abused spouse petition may also be filed if the marriage was terminated by divorce due to domestic violence/abuse within the two years prior to filing a self-petition or by death of the abusive spouse.

Must have been battered in the United States unless the abusive spouse is an employee of the United States government or member of the army.

Must have been subjected to extreme cruelty or abused during the marriage, or by the parent of a child who was battered or subjected to extreme cruelty by the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse during the marriage.

The Victims must be a person of good moral character.

For more information call us to make an appointment

Call now for your free in Office Consultation (213) 534-6622


Call Today for a Free in Office Consultation

We are specializing in both major fields of immigration practice: representation in immigration courts and application for visas and permanent residency in the US. based on political asylum, employment and family.

russian lawyers los angeles
  • Our Address

    3550 Wilshire Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90010, U.S.

  • Consulting Hours

    Mon - Fri 10:00 am to 7:00 pm
    Weekends Closed

  • Contact Us